Monday, March 25, 2013

Pay 'Admission,' But Not to 'Olympus'

So, the good news is that "Admission," the new Paul Weitz film starring Tina Fey, is not as bad as you may have heard. In fact, I thought it was pretty charming, even if slight in comparison to Fey's other comedic works - and, no, I'm not referring to "Baby Mama."

The not so great news is that Antoine Fuqua's "Olympus Has Fallen" is just as obnoxious and, I'd argue, offensive as you might have heard.

On the other hand, it's not completely terrible. Just pretty mediocre. And pretty over the top.

Here are my Patch reviews for the week.

This coming weekend could be a doozy. First, there's the acclaimed "The Place Beyond the Pines," a crime drama with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. Then, there's the much buzzed about "Room 237," which dissects the various conspiracy theories revolving around Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining."

Then, I'll probably catch up with either "The Host" or "G.I. Joe: Retaliation." Most likely, the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment