Monday, January 7, 2013

Reviews: '56 Up' and 'Texas Chainsaw 3D'

The first weekend of 2013 kicked off with two sequels - one great and the other, um, not so much.

Michael Apted's "56 Up" is another poignant entry in the director's long-standing documentary series focusing on the lives of 14 British denizens who have been filmed every seven years since age 7.

I can't say I was as enthused about "Texas Chainsaw 3D," the latest unnecessary sequel to Tobe Hooper's 1974 classic horror film. This latest wins a few minor points for sheer chutzpah - you'll see what I mean, that is, should you take the drastic measure of actually watching the damn thing. Otherwise, it's merely another mean-spirited entry into a series that has long outlived its shelf life.

Here are my reviews.

This coming weekend, I'll catch "Gangster Squad" and "Struck by Lightning."

No comments:

Post a Comment