Monday, December 31, 2012

The Best Films of 2012

It took me a little longer than usual this year to put together my top 10 list, primarily because many of the year's prestige releases didn't get rolled out until the very end of December.

So, here's my top 10 on Patch. It also includes my 10 runners up and 10 worst of the year. The piece includes my explanations for why I chose each film.

For those who don't have time to sort through it now, here's my top 10 list:

10. Holy Motors (Leos Carax)
  9. Argo (Ben Affleck)
  8. Lincoln (Steven Spielberg)
  7. Once Upon a Time in Anatolia (Nuri Bilge Ceylan)
  6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky)
  5. Django Unchained (Quentin Tarantino)
  4. Amour (Michael Haneke)
  3. Beasts of the Southern Wild (Benh Zeitlin)
  2. Zero Dark Thirty (Kathryn Bigelow)
  1. The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson)

No comments:

Post a Comment