Friday, October 28, 2011

Season's Bleedings: The Halloween Movie Canon (Plus Ten More)

This morning, I posted the Halloween Horror Movie Canon on Patch. The piece includes a number of titles you'd expect to see on such a list - "The Shining," "Nosferatu," "Halloween" and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

But I've also added a top ten list of horror movies you might have missed, such as Nicolas Roeg's atmospheric freakout "Don't Look Now" or the surreal African fright film "Dust Devil."

Check out the list here.

And, because nobody's perfect, I realize I left off a few choice movies, including "The Last House on the Left," "Inside" and "Blood and Black Lace." I purposely left off a number of classics, such as "Frankenstein," "Dracula" and "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" and stuck with films made between the 1960s and the present. One exception, obviously, is F.W. Murnau's "Nosferatu."

Any other noteworthy horror classics I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment