Monday, September 26, 2011

'Moneyball' is Major League

In case you hadn't heard, Bennett Miller's baseball drama, "Moneyball," is a solid baseball film for people who do not like sports movies.

In fact, the picture bears more resemblance to David Fincher's "The Social Network" than to any of the numerous baseball pictures from the past several decades. It's a solid film.

Needless to say, I'm not so excited about "Abduction," a wooden action thriller that stars Taylor Lautner as the son of some sort of super spy. The film was directed by John Singleton, who obviously was looking to cash in on the "Twilight" star's popularity. 

My favorite part of the film is at the end when several of the cast members, assembled in a parking lot, pretty much shrug their shoulders and all walk off. 

Check out my reviews here.

This coming weekend, I'll check out "Take Shelter" and "Dream House." If I've got time, I'll squeeze in "50/50" or Kenneth Lonergan's "Margaret." 

No comments:

Post a Comment