Monday, August 8, 2011

'Bellflower' Scorches and 'Rise' No Monkey Business

I'm about to walk out the door for a vacation, so this week's post is going to be short. At a future date, I'd like to write further about "Bellflower," one of the year's most thought provoking and visually stunning pictures. It's a solid debut from director-actor Evan Glodell.

This week I reviewed that picture as well as "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," which I was surprised to find was the best of the series since the 1968 original. I also caught up with "The Change Up," which is among the summer's worst. Critics who are leveling misogyny charges against "Bellflower" have obviously not seen "The Change Up."

Here are the reviews.

Next weekend, I'm going to check out "The Help" and "30 Minutes or Less." I'll possibly also try to catch up with "The Guard" and "Gun Hill Road."

No comments:

Post a Comment