Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This Week at the Movies: 'The Dictator,' 'Polisse,' 'Beyond the Black Rainbow' and 'Battleship'

I'm gonna keep it real short and sweet this week. I'm getting married in four days, so there will be no posts for a couple of weeks.

This past weekend, I saw one film that I very much enjoyed - "Polisse" - as well as two disappointments - "The Dictator" and "Beyond the Black Rainbow," although I love the latter's score and some of its cinematography - and a mediocre blockbuster, "Battleship."

Here are my reviews.

I'm gonna catch Wes Anderson's "Moonrise Kingdom" this coming week and will post my review. Then, it's off on my honeymoon.

There will be much to discuss in the near future, especially the Cannes lineup. So far, I'm very excited about Michael Haneke's "Amour" and Andrew Domenik's "Killing Them Softly."

Still waiting to hear about "Post Tenebras Lux," "Cosmopolis" and "Mud."

No comments:

Post a Comment